Zygote is dedicated to maintaining a safe and healthy print-shop facility for our staff, users, and visitors.
Click on the images below to learn more.
• The use of oil, vinegar, and Soysolve as cleaners replacing toxic cleaners
• The use of water-based relief and screen printing inks
• The reuse and remixing of inks
• A paper recycle box for continuous use with scratch/proofing cover sheets
• Recycling bins for plastic and aluminum throughout the shop
• The use of a biweekly rag service (to reduce the use of paper towels)
• A health-and-safety campaign with pronounced signage in the shop
• A continued interest in researching new approaches and developments that can be brought back to our shop
• Programming nontoxic classes (with saline-sulfate etch, for example) and hiring artists to teach eco-friendly approaches to printmaking